Sunday, June 24, 2012

Apartment 401

This past weekend I went up to my apartment to do some decorating and painting and INSTALLING MY HEAD BOARD!!! It honestly makes my room look like a million dollars! 


I know my comforter doesn't exactly match but thats because I'm waiting on my new one to come in! Which I cannot wait for because it is absolutely gorgeous, part of the reason I'm skimping on my room stuff is because the comforter set broke the bank (I have a weak spot for bed linens). 

I ordered the Echo Jaipur comforter set, which was the fire for the color scheming of my room!
I ordered it from Designer Living for a pocket eating $189.99, shoot me, I know. But I love it! 


In person the color is closest to the picture above than on the website.

From Myrtle Beach to Washington DC its about a 7.5 hour drive, normal people relax after a nap like that right? Well I decided I was going to paint!

After I put my bed together, that was oh so easy, I painted an accent wall. I got my bed from walmart, yes walmart. The memory foam mattress , which is unbelievably comfortable, was only $189 and the frame was $79. I was so apprehensive about the mattress even thought it had a five star rating and the frame but I quickly realized it was an awesome purchase! One of the reasons I love walmart is because both the mattress and frame were purchased online, as well as a white desk and I had them shipped to my apartment for FREE!! 

This is the wall I painted, I was so proud of myself for painting the trim by hand!!





While I was in DC, I decided it was time...time for my first IKEA experience!!!!! and it was AWESOME!!!


I spent nearly 3 hours in there and I am itching to go back!!!! I heard some mixed reviews about Ikea ranging from "love it" to "damn particle board" and "too many pieces". Forget that! It was so cool! I got lost, I tried out furniture, I ate (super weird), and I shopped! It was heaven to say the least. Now, keep in mind I'm a college girl, if I was shopping for my family home this may not be an all in one store for all of our furniture but its great if you're on a budget!

I bought a cute white nightstand, a super modern chair, a organization unit and a whole bunch of random stuff like curtains and a utensil organizer for less than $100. Granted it took me a few minutes to put together but who cares, I love that furniture because I put my own time into it! 


I scored the lamp at Target in the clearance section for $20, it has cut outs in it so when it lights up it has a nice ambiance! 


I really wanted to paint my black shelf but I think that would have taken too much time and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. By the way, if you have a child in college I HIGHLY recommend that shelf. Its a dorm space saver from bed bath and beyond, the best $60 spent!! It's sturdy and great for dorm rooms, I love mine so much I took it with me! haha 

I still need to bring in my dresser and my chair and something for my tv, but so far I adore this room!!!! I took the smallest of the three rooms in my apartment, however, I have the biggest closet! As long as I have closet space I can live anywhere! 

I'll be posting more as soon as I go back up and finish my room!!- k



No comments:

Post a Comment